Thursday, May 22, 2014

Throw Back Thursday on the Blog.....

I normally don't do "TBT" because frankly I just can't keep up with all of it, but the other day I was looking back through my blog and came upon this.  Oh how my life has changed since 2009.  I am not downplaying going to Wal-Mart or anywhere with 2 young kids for that matter, but it's funny to me how stressed out this day probably really did make me.  It's a good reminder to look back and laugh and as Addison and Anna sing ALL. THE. TIME.....Let it go......

(I'm also thankful I no longer shop at Wal-Mart unless I'm desperate.....)


Wal-Mart

It seems like I always have a lot to say about Wal-Mart! Maybe it's because most of my life is spent there. I would normally never go to Wal-Mart with both of them (for big shopping trips) but today I was desperate. I usually go on Wednesdays when I only have Addison or Saturdays when they are both at home with J. O. However, today I needed things that we couldn't go without so I loaded them both up and hoped for the best. They are usually very well behaved when we get out and shop but I knew today would be much harder since it would take awhile. Even I wasn't prepared though for the way both of them would act! It started in the parking lot when a 1980s van about rammed me so he could get a parking spot that was a milliliter (don't even know if that's a real measurement) closer to the door than another one. I never saw the person but I would guess this person doesn't do too much walking. Then, when we got in the shopping cart, I wouldn't let Addison have my keys so she started throwing her head around and banging it on the metal shopping cart. By this point people were obviously looking because it's not every day you see an infant banging their head on metal and acting unfazed. She was also letting out little screams/growls to show me how mad she was. I ignored that and pressed on. Then Trey kept "accidentally" throwing things out on the floor and telling me his friend "Edgar" was doing it so I couldn't get on to him. 
After that I was letting Addison chew on an empty bottle of Tylenol because the rubber top feels good on her gums, and a woman proceeded to stop me and ask me if I knew she was chewing on it. I almost said "Yes, I'm hoping she will drink enough and pass out in the cart so I can finish." But instead I just said, "Oh, thanks for letting me know." and waited until she was out of sight and gave it back. 
We made it a little bit longer and then Trey (Edgar) kept mashing things up and Addison was pitching another fit because I wouldn't open ALL the food in the aisles and let her have some, so I picked up a few necessities and left immediately. Needless to say, it was a great time. Now I get to go back tonight and finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment