Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Lovin the boots she borrowed from her friend Lane!


Ready for fall and fall temps!


Hot and sweaty in 90 weather!


He was yelling, "My head is stuck...help!"








Pics are small because they are taken from phone..I changed the size to large.

Well, like everyone else in the world we headed to a pumpkin patch this weekend. Last year the pumpkin patch we went to advertised really awesome things. It said there was a hay maze, petting zoo, hay ride and so forth. Well, we pulled up and I kept thinking there had to be more that was just hidden. We got onto a tractor and it literally pulled up 2 feet and told us we were there. The hay maze had been dismanteled (to feed the horses of course) and the petting zoo was pretty much a stray dog and cat they had found to put in a cage. Okay, maybe there were a few animals but not many. When I finally got up the courage to ask the guy about the hayride he told me we had already experienced it. Oh, how could I miss the ride out to the barren field.



Anyway, so I was hesitant to go this year but Amy went first and assured me this one was pretty good. She was right. We went this weekend and both the kids had a blast. Trey even rode a pony which shocked us all. They had a great hay maze and even pig races. I have to admit though the pig races kinda made me laugh. I mean, wow....talk about living in Arkansas. But at one point I found myself laughing and cheering before I knew what was happening.



If you know me at all you won't be surprised at this comment....I forgot my camera. Yes, I realize that all you super moms out there that document every single detail would never do that but for some reason my camera is usually the farthest thing from my mind when I walk out the door. However, this time I told myself all morning, "grab your camera, set it out and don't forget it." When we got there I was so embarassed because everyone else had cameras out and I kept yelling, "J.O. get your phone and take their picture, hurry!" At one point, a woman looked at me funny when I kept snapping pics on my I-Phone so I just whispered "he forgot the camera." and then rolled my eyes for extra effect. Just kidding J.O., I would never do that....


It was so much fun and I have to admit I may be slightly looking forward to Halloween this year...only a little though.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I really hope the temps go down when we go next weekend! Oh and that cracked me up what you said to that lady! I would totally do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamera, forgetting you camera is better than forgetting diapers! So think of it on the bright side! Cute boots too!! I think she needs a pair!!!

    ReplyDelete