Friday, May 6, 2016

Ugh...waiting...

This was written a couple of weeks ago, but just got around to finishing and sharing today......

Waiting.  It's not fun.  It's not thrilling.  In fact, I would call waiting one of my least favorite activities.  I don't like to wait in line for rides, shows, on the phone, or anything of the sort really.  It's just not fun.

But sometimes, God is revealed to us the most in the waiting. 

J. O. and I are once again in a season of waiting.  About what you may ask?  Well, we really aren't sure.  But, we have been here enough times to recognize when it pops back up.  J.O. actually came home a couple of months ago and said he wasn't sure what he was supposed to be doing, but it was something.  What he didn't know was that God had also been stirring my heart as well.  However, for a brief moment I thought...oh goodness...he is being called to the mission field or something crazy and I am about to have to be a single mom of 4.  Because, me going overseas just probably wouldn't happen.  Honesty people.  But, I just cautiously ask him what was going on, and he said he thought he should be giving more, doing more, and he would start there.  Perfect.  I can handle that.  So he has and we have watched a lot of what God is doing in our life around us.  And we are praying.

The other day, I was praying for God to reveal some things to me and I was reading a chapter in John.  The chapter was about the man who was paralyzed and sat outside the pool all day waiting for a chance to get in the water and be healed.  Everytime he would get close, someone would take his spot or get in first.  So, when Jesus saw him he asked him what he was doing.  The man told him, he was trying to get to the water to be healed.  Jesus then told him to pick up his mat and walk.  Just like that.  The man didn't need to get wet.  The man didn't need to wait on the 10 people in front of him to get finished, or call over friends and family, etc.  He just had to stand up and walk.

Now, I have read this before.  Several times actually.  But, as I read it this time, I thought....man, to be able to sit by the pool and wait.  For a long time.  And I imagine it was hot and tiring.  And I would be cranky.  And irritated.  And I would have the desire to knock a few people out of the way or even knock them into the pool before they were ready.

But, all we know is this man faithfully waited his turn.  How hard to do.  But.....look at the end result? Jesus literally spoke and he got up.  He was able to be healed by the words of Jesus.

Even in waiting, God is faithful.  He is faithful to give us one faith step after another.  He is faithful to show up and talk to us when we are listening.  He is faithful to say....hey....I see you waiting.  Get up. Walk.  Come to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment