Sunday, March 16, 2014

Our Crazy Life...

So most of my posts have some bigger meaning and I usually write them because I have been awake in bed and have a thought or just can't get an idea out of my head or so forth.  However, this post is not like that at all.  It's more of the "see how totally crazy our lives are" type post.

J. O. wasn't feeling well last week but couldn't really put his finger on it.  He kept having some stomach issues and just felt drained.  It was really not that big of a deal and he continued to work and go to everything like normal.  On Friday though, I could tell he just didn't feel well.  He was quiet, tired and didn't eat much at all for dinner.  He still went to Trey's Upward Basketball ceremony and then came home and hung out a bit before falling asleep so I really didn't think much about it. 

Now, J. O. is obviously your typical guy when he gets sick.  He is overly dramatic and acts as if the world is ending.  However, this time he really wasn't acting that way.  He was still business as usual.  I also haven't been sleeping well this week so I was super excited about getting a good night's rest Friday night.  I went to bed and fell right to sleep and was so thankful not to have to be up for anything.  Well, around 12:30 I woke up to go the bathroom and J.O. told me he wasn't feeling too well.  I was actually a little irritated because I figured he would be tossing and turning and this meant I would now be awake for awhile.  But, I went right back to sleep and around 1:30 I woke up to J. O. calling for me.  I got up and stumbled into the bathroom and even without my glasses or contacts in I could tell he was super pale.  He was pretty incoherent and told me he needed some help.  He told me he was about to pass out and he had terrible stomach pain.  So, I did what any loving wife would do in a serious situation, and I started yelling at him.  He was trying to stand up and so I was yelling at him to sit down or at least crawl to the bedroom.  He started stumbling around the bathroom and at the point he passed out on me and of course I couldn't catch him so he fell and hit the floor.

At this point, I went to call 911 because I just wasn't sure what else to do and I wasn't as calm as I am making it sound.  He woke back up during this and I once again started yelling for him to get on the bed.  I think at some point he did and I was finally relieved.  Long story short, no clue what was causing him to be in so much pain but we are pretty sure he had some sort of food poisoning because he started feeling bad after eating something Tuesday night.  He got fluids and morphine in the hospital and came home and pretty much slept yesterday and laid around most of the morning today.

I really tell you this just to make a point….so many people who only read this blog and don't see me on a daily basis have a picture of us that is completely wrong.  We live a crazy life filled with drama and the random middle of the night ER visit.  I am a wife that yells at her husband in time of distress (I mean, seriously don't walk around if you think you might pass out) and I probably didn't take his pain seriously enough Friday.  But if I have said this once I will say it 1000 times.  God doesn't call the people who have it all together.  He calls those, that people will look at and say "woah…that can ONLY be God working through them!!"  And they would be right 100% of the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment