Friday, November 22, 2013

We've got so much, so much, so much....

Today was a busy day.  This morning Trey had his Thanksgiving Feast (brunch) at 9:00am and I knew that sometime after that B's caseworker would be coming to move him.  The program started with the kids singing a song that went basically like this....
"We've got so much, so much, so much to be thankful for."  They would list their family, friends, God, etc.  It was a super cute song, but standing there listening to that in the cafeteria with the day looming over me was almost too much.

However, that little song spoke volumes to me about B and his life.  We have so much to be thankful for in the span of time we have had him.  We saw his first smile, heard his first laugh, heard his first babbles, learned quickly his love for water, his dislove of sleeping at night, his frustration at it being a minute too late when he wanted his bottle, his love of Addison and all things Addison related and so forth and so forth.

We also have so much to be thankful for in the way God's hand has just been visible all over his life.  The intervening when B needed somewhere safe to go, the foster family that took him for the first month and gave him excellent care until he came to us, the family that cared enough to work hard at getting him back with relatives, the caseworker that has 30 kids but when she was at our house she played with B like he was her only one, the family and friends that came together with no questions and loved him like he was born into our family.

Watching his caseworker drive off today was the hardest thing I have done to date.  Not because I thought B would stay with us forever.  No, in fact it was the opposite.  God clearly spoke to me several months ago and told me plain as day that B wasn't mine.  However, as I watched them drive off I have the very natural, normal emotions of sadness and also an extreme burden for these children who are in foster care.  I am so burdened for those who don't have a family weeping at the thought of them leaving.  They've never had anyone care about them that much.

A lot of you have asked, so I thought I would answer your question.....we are of course planning to continue to open our homes to these sweet children.  We are going to make sure B is settled and then J.O. and I have a getaway planned in 2 weeks.  After that, we plan to pray and seek God's will for the next child who enters our home and that could make for an interesting Christmas.  One thing I have learned and been reminded of constantly today....God never makes mistakes and God's plan is always perfect.  For that we have so much, so much, so much, to be thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine the emptiness felt watching them drive off. Our foster baby gets to stay with us and we plan to adopt (a miracle from God!) but I know this is not the norm. Thank you for loving foster babies so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great!! Praying for you guys on this journey.

      Delete