Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pick Me

I originally wrote this for something else but decided it was still on my heart so I am going to just copy and paste it here.  Sometimes, I think life can seem like so much for so many different reasons but we have to remember that each and every one of us has been chosen for a specific purpose.  We have to boldly step forward in faith and not be afraid of what God is hand picking us to do. 

Growing up I remember vividly the days of P.E. class where the teacher would divide us into two groups, each with a captain, and they would take turns picking kids for their team. I would always hold my breath and pray I would be picked first or at least one of the first few. However, thanks to minimal (okay zero) athletic ability I was generally one of the last students left to be picked. I would eventually get over it and move on but I never could quite shake the feeling of wanting to be picked first.

The other day I was having an overwhelming day with fostering and just thought why me? Why did you pick me God? That made me think….gone are the days of standing up front big and tall wanting to be the most needed member on the team. Now, it seems like we are content to stand behind everyone else and silently yell out, “Pick them God! Pick them!” We have so many seemingly valid reasons too. At least I did. I am not qualified, that would be way too hard, my husband would never agree to this and on and on and on. As I was having a tough day and thinking, “God, I am completely overwhelmed. There are way too many kids and way too few of me.” I was reminded of His promise that He will never leave nor forsake me. For some reason God has seen fit to pick me. He is entrusting these children to me for a time period and a season and for a girl who spent her childhood years wanting to be picked it’s something I don’t take lightly.

6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6


 

No comments:

Post a Comment