Monday, July 29, 2013

Thankful

This is totally not the blog post I had planned to write today but alas...it happens. 

Today, I truly can't help but be thankful.  Now, to be 100% honest that was not the thought going through my mind this morning as sewer water was running through my ceiling and filling my downstairs room, but now that I have thought about it, I am.

I am thankful I know longer look for random "signs" that I am doing the right thing.  In the past I would have taken a broken air conditioner, broken washing machine (twice) and a minor flood (ha!) all within a month of school starting back as a sign that I had totally made the wrong decision.  I would be sending out applications as we speak and looking for part time work because this would surely mean God had other plans for me right?  Today, I am thankful I can know without a shadow of a doubt that we are so smack dab in the middle of God's plan for our lives that Satan is ticked.  He is trying to trip us up every step of the way and thankfully God allowed me to be so awakened to the reality of spiritual warfare that I now recognize this.

I am also thankful this happened today and not tomorrow or Wednesday.  DHS licensing is coming out Wednesday and they are the real deal!  They have the power to keep us licensed as foster parents or not.  One of the requirements is working toilets!!  I am so thankful we now have 2 days to repair the toilet and my dad is able to come replace it tomorrow night!

I know there are so many bigger things happening besides appliances breaking and water leaks.  However, in my life these are things Satan is using to keep us on our toes.  I put in one of my previous posts that I can only imagine that things will get worse the closer it gets to school starting and I would say today definitely qualified!  At one point J.O. and I just looked at each other and laughed as we were covered in dirty water and trying to haul the heaviest rug known to man to the curb.

I will say this, however....I am grateful for a God who brings blessings during the storm but at any time I could take a very boring week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment