Wednesday, October 6, 2010

When it rains it pours...

Okay, so I think that saying is extremely corny, but I wasn't sure how else to describe this week! Trey woke up in the middle of the night (or maybe 10 pm) Sunday night saying his ear hurt. So, being the good mom I am, I went ahead and went to work and took him to school. By 9 am he was in my room laying on my couch saying his ear hurt. So...I left work early and took him to the doctor and of course he had an ear infection. While we were there we knocked out the kids flu shots and I went home feeling pretty good about things.
Yesterday, Cecily stayed home with the kids until 12:00 and just let them play and rest. Trey acted 100% fine yesterday afternoon and I thought everything was great. However, this morning he woke up at 6am burning up. I took his temperature and it was 100 and he said his ankles and legs hurt. Great. I called into work and me and the kids stayed in pajamas all day. Poor guys fever hasn't gone much below 101 or 102 all day even with mucho Motrin and a bath. Thank goodness for Cece this week (and always!) cause shes heading back over here tomorrow so I can go back to work. I have decided that it's definitely ridiculous to ever expect a mom to work 5 days a week cause it's not going to happen. My average has been around 4 since I started this job. Thank goodness for a Christian school and a workplace of all women because they pretty much expect this stuff! Hopefully we will all be healthy soon cause a trip to the pumpkin patch is supposed to happen Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Awww poor Trey! Praying you and Addi and J.O. don't catch anything!!!

    ReplyDelete