Monday, May 3, 2010

T-ball, birthdays and more...

She has it rough while watching games.
Trey with King Candy at Hadleys party!







The siren in our backyard that almost caused our death.







Hadley carefully placing cake in her mouth.



Let's go Red Sox!





Wow, I have been a terrible blogger lately. I'm so sorry to keep everyone on edge about what our family has been up to. This weekend was so busy. Friday, we about got wiped off the map from the tornado, Saturday, Hadley had her 1st bday party and Sunday, Trey had his 4th bday party. It was a super fun but hectic weekend. It all started on Friday night when Trey and I decided to go to my parents to escape our tornado siren from going off all night. The siren is literally in our backyard and pretty much scares the mess out of you when it goes off. It's like someone with a bullhorn is screaming in your ear..."you are about to get hit by a tornado, you may die." over and over again. So, I had the great idea to just run Trey out to my parents super fast and he could get a peaceful nights sleep away from the siren. My parents have lived in their house forever (literally) and tornado's never come by their house. Well, halfway there J.O. starts calling and telling me to hurry because its coming close. I start freaking out and yelling at the person in front of me going 35 to move over, etc. I whip into my parents and my dad tells us we should probably get into the bathroom. When my dad says this I'm pretty much convinced that it's about to wipe their house off the map. They NEVER get in the bathroom for tornado's. Meanwhile I talk to J.O. and he is hanging out at home with hardly any rain. Sweet. Long story short...the tornado missed my parents and we will never leave for sirens again. We will wear ear plugs and deal with it.


On to T-Ball. We are full force in the middle of t-ball and it's been fun so far. Trey enjoys getting out there and playing in the outfield and hitting the ball. His running though has a lot to be desired. He pretty much walks/jogs/prances about as slow as humanly possible. I mean, I'm not Jackie Joyner or anything (I think that's her) but seriously. It's almost painful to watch.


Now to birthdays. Hadley and Trey both had their parties this weekend and they were lots of fun. Hadley had a candy land themed party complete with a visit from King Candy, and Trey had a baseball party. Thankfully the weather was clear on Sunday so they were able to spend most of the party jumping on his new trampoline and playing outside. It was a lot of fun and I am having such a hard time believing he is 4. His actual birthday is tomorrow and he gets to celebrate by going to the dentist for a teeth cleaning!! Fun huh?


Lastly, the beach. We leave Saturday to head to Gulf Shores with the whole Norman crew (minus Adam...boo) and Trey is super excited about this too. I however, am a little nervous about the oil spill situation. I am picturing J.O. walking out of the water with a dead fish on his shoulder and all of us running around with masks on from the smell. My mom's suggestion was just to throw a match in the water and see what happens if we get bored. Hopefully it won't be as bad there yet, but you never know. I'm counting on the pool and a little section of sand that we can play in. Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment