Sunday, May 16, 2010

Beach Trip 2010

Trey with the "crossbite" smile.

...and again.

Addison trying to figure out where to go next.


Gearing up for round number 2 on the beach.




Fun night out on the town!



Wow, another beach trip has come and gone. It's so hard for me to believe that this is Treys 4th beach trip with the "Norman" side of the family (5 total because my family went one year), 2nd for Addison, 10th for me, and gazillionith for J.O. We have loved the beach tradition each year and plan to try really hard to keep it up.
This year though may have been my favorite year yet. Trey made a friend the first day and played with him all week, so I actually got some laying out time and it was so much fun to watch them play together in the sand and water. He was also old enough to stay out on the beach and at the pool all day. Normally, J.O. and I get very limited beach time but this year we were able to be outside all morning, take a quick lunch break and then head to the pool. Luckily, with so many people someone was always in the house if Addison needed a break or nap. Addison however, did not enjoy it as much as Trey did. She didn't hate it with the passion that Trey did his first year, but pretty close. She would get a grain of sand on her hands and just hold them in my face until I had wiped them completely clean. She also wouldn't let me take her hat or sunglasses off the entire time she was outside, so she was pretty much just a little diva who wanted to lounge in the chair. The other girls loved the sand and pretty much couldn't understand what Addison's fuss was all about. Luckily, Addison did enjoy the pool so every afternoon after nap we would go to the pool to try to get her really worn out for bedtime. At one point Addison was in the 1 ft kiddie pool and I turned around and Addison decided to dive in the water. I yanked her up and after a few minutes of sneezing and coughing she was good to go again.
We are so thankful for another fun year at the beach and just hope to continue the tradition each year. It's really something we look forward to year around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment