Friday, March 26, 2010

Addison and Trey

early morning pic-notice the wild hair!!

Addison ready for spring!

Trey taking pics when no one is looking!


It's been awhile since I updated on the kids so here it is! As you can see in the picture above, Trey loves to get my camera and take pictures. Most of the time I have no idea he has done it until I put the pictures on the computer. He is still very much into electronics. His favorite thing to do is help us play the word game on our phones (words with friends) and solitaire on J.O.s phone. I came in the kitchen the other day and he had pulled a chair up to the computer and plugged the video camera into the computer (correctly) and was working away. Trey is still smart (I know..I'm partial!). He can count to 100 with little to no help, knows all his letters and the sound they make and can spell simple words and recognize them in books...mom, dad, Trey, Addison, Bella. He also has J.O.'s memory for numbers and amazes me how his mind can already wrap around math concepts. For example, one of his favorite games to play is this...

Me: "how many people are in the room"
Trey: counts whoever is there..."3"
Me: "how many people would be in the room if Nana and Papa came over"
Trey: recounts us...then points off in the distance to count new people.."5"

Then we do it with people leaving, more people coming...etc, etc. It amazes me that he can grasp this concept so early but not only can he do it, he loves to play it! J.O. and I joke all the time that he may not be the coolest kid in school but at least he will be able to support us when we get older.


On to Addison. She is my strong willed child for sure. She still loves to be carried around all day and prefers to "help" me do everything. There is seriously no activity that I can get her to do for longer than 5 minutes if I am not in the room with her. Oh well. I keep telling myself that one day she won't want to talk to me, let alone play with me. She is finally sleeping through the night with no bottle!! YEA! It was actually very easy to do and only took a few short nights of early morning crying. She goes to sleep around 7pm and gets up around 7-7:30. It's a perfect schedule for us! I plan to keep her in her crib until kindergarten because I imagine she will be one to get out of bed anytime she wants.

She loves playing with her cousins and loves to terrorize cousin Hadley. I actually saw her put her foot out to trip Hadley the other day because Hadley dared to "talk" to her. Both her and Trey love music and anytime a fast song comes on in the car she dances her little booty off in the car seat. She already knows how to work her daddy so I'm sure he's in for a rude awakening as she gets older. This morning she didn't want him to leave so she laid her head on his shoulder and he stayed around an extra few minutes. This never works for me!! Addison is so much fun and adds a lot of excitement to our house! I never realized how laid back boys were until Addison came along!
We consider ourselves so blessed to have 2 healthy kids and love every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment