Friday, January 29, 2010

1 year ago today...

The day she was born

Well, its here! Addison is a year old today. It just doesn't seem possible that at 10:02 a.m. last year I was listening to her scream her head off! It seems like ice is going to follow her birthday each year. I remember last year worrying sick that we wouldn't be able to make it to the hospital and then trying to waddle in the hospital without falling on the slick spots. Addisons birth was so easy. I think the Lord knew I needed an easy birth to prepare me for the child Addison would be!!

We had to be at the hospital at 5:00am on the 29th and I was a nervous wreck. I was so worried that it would take forever to be induced and I would end up sitting in the room for days waiting for her to come (sorry Janelle!). I wasn't induced with Trey so I had no idea what to expect. I prayed all night the night before that I would go into labor on my own so that I wouldn't be as nervous. Thankfully that started happening and when I got there Thursday morning I was already entering the early stages of labor. We made bets with the doctor about what meal we would get to eat that day. My doctor thought it would be mid afternoon lunch and J. O. and I thought dinner. Well, Addison had her own plans. They started the induction around 7 and about 7:30 I was crying from the pain. Now, I have a really high pain tolerance so this was a shock to everyone. (HAHAHA). I finally got my epidural around 8:30 and that was very fortunate for everyone involved because I had already begged the nurse to end my life, yelled at J.O. for breathing too loud, and sent him out a million times to yell for the anesthesiologist. After they started my epidural things really didn't slow down. I told the nurse it wouldn't be long and she told me we were okay. Around 9:45 I told her I really needed my doctor and she told me he would be here soon. I think she got my point after she checked me and started paging him. He walked in at 10:00 and literally caught Addison at 10:02.

When I was pregnant 2 things I always specifically prayed for was that she would be born crying and that she would love to eat. Trey has never liked to eat and it's such a battle to feed him anything! The funny thing about Addison is she cried during delivery and for an hour afterward. She has also never met a food she doesn't enjoy. It's so much fun to feed her because every meal is like her last.
She is such a fun baby and I am so excited to celebrate her birthday even if it's just me, JO, and Trey in the ice!!

1 comment: