Monday, March 9, 2009

Yes, I know....


I realize it has been a LONG time since my last post, but I don't think I was quite prepared for two kids. Especially one that likes to sleep in your arms or not at all! Addison is actually doing very well but you just forget how much attention newborns need. J. O. and I affectionately refer to her as the "man child" because she eats all the time and gained a whopping 2.12 lbs in three weeks! Also, I laid her on my bed the other day and when I walked back in she had completely rolled over. Did I mention she is only 5 1/2 weeks old??? So, now you know why we refer to her as the man child. I have a feeling she will be pushing Trey around in no time. Speaking of Trey he is doing great. He really doesn't let it bother him when she needs our attention or is screaming at the top of her lungs. However, I do have to be careful because he is very rough with her. He likes to put the blanket over her face and this weekend I walked in to him trying to pull her by her legs! I'm sure that would win me mom of the year award.

J.O. and I are slowly adjusting to less sleep and just kinda going with the flow with her. It's definitely more fun (although hectic) the second time around because you don't stress over every little thing. With Trey I worried sick anytime anyone kept him and wanted to make sure it was done the SAME way I did it, but with her I am just thankful to go to Wal-Mart by myself. Anyway, we are so blessed to have such a healthy little girl and she already has J.O. wrapped around her fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment