Saturday, November 1, 2008

Change of Heart.....

Well, I have to be honest and admit I am not a HUGE fan of Halloween. I think it is just a big marketing scheme to get people to buy lots of candy and silly costumes. So, after Trey begged for the Elmo costume every time we were in Wal-Mart I finally broke down and bought it. When it came time to put on the costume though he hated it! It got fuzz all in his mouth and he wanted it off. I was grumbling about Halloween under my breath the whole time!! However, I slowly started talking him into it and he became more and more excited. Then when we got to the fall festival and he saw all the games and the big slide he went nuts! He was running around yelling, "I Elmo!" and talking to all the other kids in line. Before I realized it I was loving Halloween too! We drug Trey out of there when it was closing down and he sprinted around the house for about an hour when we got home. Next year, I will have to limit the candy. I was just having too much fun to care!
The big slide was his favorite part for sure. The bad thing about that was it took him a few times to get comfortable going on his own, so his big preggo mama had to climb up with him! I'm sure the kids behind me were terrified I would slip and fall on them! Anyway, I have changed my opinion on Halloween and now can't wait until next year! If only I could get J.O. to dress up in a family theme.......

No comments:

Post a Comment